UPDATE: Neil checked with the daycare today and there is a real need for books. I have lots of toys lined up now, so if anyone has books, please please let me know! Thank you!
EDITED: my work email is not sending your emails through, so I have changed to my personal email account. it is down below.
God has put something on my heart that I want to share. Both my husband and I work with children (I work with kids ages 5-18 in a public school and Neil is a behavior consultant for children ages 2-5 in various daycare/ABC settings). Neil is consulting at one particular daycare in Conway that is completely volunteer from employees to what the kids eat and play with. They are struggling with funding, especially in this economy. They are in need of any type of toys or books. I am asking anyone who has extra or old toys or books to PLEASE donate to this daycare. We are all very blessed and I feel it is our duty to help spread these blessings to others. If you have anything to donate, I will pick it up or reimburse you for shipping it to me. My email is laurentmcknight@yahoo.com to contact me.
Please pray on this request and see what your heart tells you. Thank you so much.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Hi Lauren, We don't know each other but I somehow found your blog and actually live in Clinton. I sent you an email yesterday to the address you posted about toys. If you still want more toys I have a lot for you. my email is
joe-linseyhudson@att.net
Linsey
Have you contacted Rhea Lana's to see if you can get toys or other items after their consignment sale?
Laura, you are the second person to suggest this to me so I'm definitely going to look into it. Thank you!
Lauren we have books to donate. We're coming into town March 20th for a friends little boys birthday party so I'll contact you closer to then to see where to take them!
Yay!!! Thank you Bethany! I will be in Japan though, so I might have my mom meet you somewhere if you don't mind. Just let me know. If you don't want to do that, you can mail them to me and I'll repay your postage cost. You are the best!
Post a Comment